From Timid to tiger is a positive parenting-based approach to managing anxiety in children. It is based on evidence that anxious children benefit from a parenting style that is clear, calm and consistent whilst being sympathetic to the symptoms that children feel as a result of anxiety.
Many children struggle to articulate their thoughts, feelings and sensations. It can be very frustrating and exhausting to try to encourage your child to manage their anxiety and the impact this has on family life.
From Timid to Tiger aims to explore the role of anxiety within a family, how it develops and how parents/carers are well placed to support children who frequently feel anxious. The sessions offer practical tips and advice on things that parents can do to help their child cope with their anxiety and overcome challenges they face.
Aims of this 10-week parenting intervention will be:
- Support/develop child’s motivation to address anxiety.
- Provide effective techniques to support your child.
- Gain knowledge to tolerate and contain your child’s anxiety.
- Working with Parents to develop relationships
- Understanding anxious child’s behaviours and emotions
- Supporting families to find solutions